There is nothing better than enjoying a full bowl of risotto and a sweet glass of wine.
- In a medium to large sauce pan, heat the chicken stock over medium low heat until stock begins steaming. Keep on a low heat.
- In a large high sided skillet over medium heat, add the 2 tbsp butter, olive oil, and onion. Sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooded spoon until soft and golden.
- In a medium pan sauté chopped prosciutto – once cooked to crispy set aside
- Add in garlic, stirring to ensure the garlic does not burn, add white wine, and cook until fragrant for about 1 minute.
- Add the rice to the onion mixture, stirring for 2 minutes or until the rice is becoming translucent with an opaque white center.
- Add the hot stock ½ cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the stock is almost completely absorbed and the rice is creamy and translucent cook (20 25 min)
- Stir in the parmesan, butter, and peas. Let the peas cook until warmed through, about 3 to 4 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with lemon zest, prosciutto, chopped parsley, and parmesan.
Serve and enjoy every comforting bite.